Thursday, July 22, 2010

saying goodbye

shu is right, it's much easier to get in a good workout in the morning before work. got in a solid 8 mile interval run this morning. my route takes me right by university hospital, where i saw one of my co-interns heading into the ED.

had a farewell dinner with my dear friends j&j. they are headed to indonesia for the year to do environmental and medical work, respectively. i can say with a high degree of certainty that we'll see each other again soon (at the very least, before the year is up). i'm grateful for having gotten to know them better during the past year.

i biked into town to meet them, and bubba ran alongside me: two miles there and back. he was a tired pup when we got home.

1 comment:

avocadoexplosion said...

bubba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i miss him, let's get together soon! Also, would you send me some of your running routes? Since I'm moving downtown I wanted to figure out where to start running. Your list of training is really encouraging btw- maybe I'll be able to get up to 10 miles one day! I want to run the OBX half-marathon next year :)