Saturday, July 24, 2010

home!

it was a hot day for a long run, but i got in a solid 14-miler this morning. i've got just enough time to shower, run by weaver street for some lunch, and get to work on time. when i get home, livvie should be waiting for me. she's been gone two months; i can't wait to see her!

in other news, i am now the proud owner of an iphone 4, which makes it easier to post photos and video, including pics of the temperatures. at the risk of looking way too similar to another blog that i read, here is the temperature when i finished my run this morning. (start temp was a balmy 80 degrees at 8 AM)

tomorrow night is going to be date night: most likely a movie, then dinner by stevo, part of my new financial austerity plan.  last year, we probably would have been going out to dinner, but now that i'm a resident again, i'm trying to be less spendy. movie will be, most likely, inception (my pick) or despicable me (suggested by livvie). my favorite critic, a o scott, reviewed both. he didn't give either film a rave review, but he seemed to favor inception. of course, there's always rear window, which is showing at the varsity.

2 comments:

L said...

"Rear Window" last night was great. Oh and we went to Guglhopf today, on your suggestion. I had the grilled nutella and fresh fruit. Yum! Oh and when you're ready to splurge on a dinner out again, Saffron (fancy Indian) was great last night. Okay now I sound like a piggy after all your talk of running :)

Erin said...

Last week I went to see both Despicable Me (with the nephews)and Inception. Despicable Me was cute with the kids, but I thought Inception was the best movie I've seen in a while. So for what it's worth, my vote is for Inception!