Thursday, July 15, 2010

news story & intern night

the family of the man i found on the side of franklin street this past week had some nice things to say about me. i'm actually a little embarrassed, because i did probably what anyone else in my position would have done. i still feel like i was just in the right place at the right time. i don't even know if me being there made any difference. oh, and ABC 11 mixed the facts up a bit: i didn't bring the patient to the hospital. i just opened his airway until orange county EMS could get there.

on another note, we had intern night part deux tonight at brixx in chapel hill. six people turned out, which i think is respectable. the night was filled with wholesome fun. here are steph and dan making threatening gestures at one another.

what can i say? we treat each other like family. dan and i even made a new 4-legged friend:

and can you imagine my surprise when tyler hansbrough showed up to join us! just kidding, we actually DID see tyler handbrough tonight, but he was just at brixx picking up his take-out order. i felt like a crazy stalker, but since i'm blogging now, i guess that gives me license to behave in ways that i would have never before thought appropriate. (ie, taking photos of celebrities at restaurants)

ok, so hansbrough is famous and everyone in the restaurant was staring and pointing. but i prefer to hang out with the fabulous folks in my intern class.

no running today. i was surprisingly tired at converting from my 5 PM - 2 AM work schedule to a day that starts at 7 AM. i guess i could have predicted that i'd be sleepy, but the reality of my fatigue today, sitting through 8 hours of ATLS lectures, was more than i had bargained for. i've got a full schedule of capital hospital ED shifts this weekend, but i'm hoping to get in some studying in the ultrasound book. one of my primary objectives for this residency training is to become an ultrasound ninja. my progess has, so far, been good. but i need to bone up on some theory. thus, the book.


luckily, my saturday shift doesn't start until 4 PM. i should have enough time for my long run on saturday.

1 comment:

Megan Randall said...

Great to see you on TV! Thinking good thoughts for the patient.