Monday, November 8, 2010

tapering

my 12 mile run yesterday turned into a 10-miler because i was feeling pretty ill. not terrible, just a little tiredness and malaise. (i've been battling a little cold for a few days now) when i told this to liv, she thought it was pretty funny that i would run 10 miles whilst feeling ill.  i think she's right.

either way, i'm in the taper portion of my training now. fewer miles, less time, and supposedly more energy.  those last few long runs took a lot out of me, so i'm glad to be decreasing the training intensity for a bit.

i'm very excited not only to run philly but also to have a chance to explore the city. liv accompanied me to chicago last year for the marathon, and we had a spectacular time wandering around chicago, based at my friend annie's house. (although she and her husband were out of town that weekend. we had the whole place to ourselves!)

again this year, we're staying my friend kristin, who i met last year at ian and rebecca's wedding. and again, kristin and her man will be out of town.

a little less than two weeks to go!

1 comment:

GeorgeBodegonMD said...

Yo! Great blog Stevo! Just checked it out after coming home from work. Well, right now im swamped with work (more of scut actually) and my triathlete self has hibernated for the past 11 months or so. Hopefully I too can find the time to go back to running at the least. Great to hear from you.