Tuesday, November 16, 2010

looking good

looks like the weather in philly is going to cooperate this weekend. except for my first marathon (charlotte in 2001), all my races have been blessed with good weather. even in chicago last year, with a 32 degree F start,  the temperature felt perfect. it's hard to imagine how bad it would suck to spend months training only to be slowed down by soggy shoes.

ran my last "real" run yesterday: 5 miles. when i headed out the door, i realized that since i'm purposefully running slow, i can take ulysses with me! he does fine at moderate speeds, but usually he slows me down (and consequently doesn't get to come running with me).

my last ultrasound shift is today. at my meeting with our u/s director, bobby, i realized that i've actually made some progress this month with my scans. i'm not a perfect sonographer, but i can do the exams that i need to get done (aortic aneurysm, pelvic, FAST, DVT, and cardiac echo are the biggies).

liv and i are going to be in CH for thanksgiving. anyone want to run gallop and gorge with us? if you haven't heard of the race, it's a fun 8k through downtown carrboro and a great way to get a little exercise before, well, gorging yourself on turkey.

No comments: