Sunday, November 14, 2010

racing flats! (one week to go)


ran a very slow 7 miles yesterday in my new shoes. they feel fast and have just about the right amount of support. (ie, i don't expect my feet to be completely ravaged at mile 20) 

just got back from a very short bike ride. for me, it was about an hour. liv continued on with the team for about a 45 mile, 3-hour loop. today is supposed to be a rest day, and i'm trying my hardest to not push hard AT ALL this week on my runs. i'm still pessimistic about reaching my goal of 3:10. i'll run as fast as i can, and we'll see what happens.

had the nice surprise of meeting up with officer kitty and his west-coast fiance for dinner last night. we all just happened to be at the same restaurant, one of my favorites in carrboro. they're probably the only place in town with a decent selection of wines. they even seem to have picked my 2 favorite sonoma zins: seghesio and a few of the ridge zin blends. both these wineries were a short bike ride from my house in healdsburg five years ago.

No comments: