Saturday, August 21, 2010

the maritimes

my friends liz and johannes got married this weekend in nova scotia. they asked me to read a call-and-response community blessing at the end of the ceremony, which i was happy to do. i didn't actually know what i was supposed to do until 5 minutes before the ceremony, when they handed me this:


it was a long journey to halifax and then an hours drive down to the tiny town where they had the ceremony, but it was well worth it. summer days in the maritimes are notorious for being foggy, but liz and jo's big day was sunny and pleasant.


my only regret was that i couldn't stay longer. i had to wake up at 3 AM this morning to catch my flight back home. ouch! i felt very canadian stopping at tim horton's on the way to the airport at 4 AM for coffee and a bagel. got home in time for a nap, some quality time with liv, and an evening run.

on another note, if you want to catch me sounding ridiculous, try talking to me when i am falling asleep.

No comments: