Monday, December 6, 2010

returning

it seemed like i've been busy for the last week, although objectively, i didn't do much. this week marks my first week back in the ED after two fairly easy months. i haven't acutely felt any kind of stress at going back, but obviously, a few things (like blog posting) have fallen by the wayside.

one interesting little piece of news that has kept me preoccupied: the american board of emergency medicine just changed its standards for people training in emergency medicine that have previously trained in other specialties (ie, me). whereas before, they had granted six months of credit, now they are saying that folks like me can have one entire year of credit toward emergency medicine residency training. this means, in effect, that i could finish my residency in two years instead of three.

at this point, there's no word on whether this will apply to me, as the policy is written oddly. they say they won't grant "retroactive" credit. what does that mean? in any case, i'm working with my program director to see if i can take advantage of the new rules. stay tuned for more information.


we got a tree two days ago, and the house is filled with holiday cheer. this pic was taken with the hipstamatic app for the iphone. it's got myriad funky lenses and settings that make taking photos way more interesting.

i ran an easy six miles yesterday. i ran my marathon two weeks ago, but somehow now i'm feeling a little slow. i don't think i could be still recovering from the race, and i don't think that in two weeks would have had time to get out of shape. maybe i was just having a lazy day.

more tomorrow on the calm of the radiology suite.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I've been in radiology for the last 2 weeks...and calm is probably the right word. Calm, drinking coffee, and sitting in a dark room are all words that come to my mind.