Saturday, December 18, 2010

overheard in the ED

my posting as of late has gotten spotty, to say the least. i've been busy, and when time is at a premium, it seems like i have more important things to do than detailing my life for everyone to read on the internet. this blog has been a great tool for reflection and for keeping my writing skills sharp (outside of documenting the medical encounter, which i do daily).

i also have enjoyed knowing that my widely scattered friends and family can get a little gimpse into my daily doings, as it seems like my capacity for phone or written communication isn't what it used to be. so thanks for reading. posting should be more frequent in the coming weeks.

one reason for the lack of posts: in preparation for going away for the holidays, i've been working a string of 12-hour night shifts the past week. here, on my 4th of 5 night shifts, i feel like i'm getting into a nice rythym. work / sleep / putter around the house and eat breakfast / run / work.

there are some enormous snowflakes falling outside my window, which reminds me that it's time to run so i can get to work on time this evening. hope everyone is having a lovely holiday season!

overheard last night in the ED:

"i'm going to eat real fast, then i'm going to disimpact this dude."

No comments: