Sunday, September 5, 2010

the wilderness downtown

last night was busy in the ED. i would have thought that folks would try to stay out of the hospital on a holiday weekend, but i guess i was wrong. even when i left at 7 AM today (usually a fairly quiet time of day), there were still patients in the waiting room.

this is my rest day (the day after my long run), so no workout today. my legs welcome the time off. i'm spending the two free hours i have filling out paperwork to get credentialed at a small hospital about an hour north of me. this will allow me to make some extra money during residency, since my pay has dropped quite a bit since quitting my "real" job. i'm really dragging my feet filling out the paperwork. it's hard to imagine doing MORE work now. this past week has been extremely tiring, and i barely have time to eat and sleep, much less work more.

mostly, the extra work will happen during the 6 months that i have off. (i got 6 months of credit for having previously done another residency. i have these six months as elective time where i can do things i want, like moonlight)

ok, i've got a little less than an hour to fill out this paperwork before having dinner with a few of my neighbors. (then off to work)

in the meantime, you should check this out. i'm not going to try and describe it, just take a look:

http://thewildernessdowntown.com/

No comments: