Tuesday, September 21, 2010

damage report

well, there's no true damage, but my legs are still aching from the blue ridge relay. despite the soreness, i got out today for a 4-mile recovery run today before work. my legs felt a bit rubbery at first, but after a mile or so warm-up, i started to feel loose and good. roughly 8 min / mile pace actually felt slow enough to be comfortable.

i have to say, team DWARP had a great weekend at the blue ridge relay. i'm definitely in for it again next year. one of the best parts for me was getting to cheer on my teammates and watching my teammates challenge themselves with the distance and the elevation gain. everyone gave it their best effort, and we ended up with a good overall time. we came in 19th out of 27 "mixed open" teams (combination of women and men) with a total time of close to 31 hours at an 8:55 average pace.


19Mixed OpenDrinkers With a Running ProblemChapel Hill, NC30:53:1408:5512


yes, DWARP stands for "drinkers with a running problem." i wasn't crazy about the name at first, but i've grown pretty fond of it. if you're interested in seeing the rest of the results, they're here. there are lots of other great team names. here are a few of my favorites: "channel the goat", "scrambled legs and n' achin" (a five-person ultra team, DAMN that's a lot of miles with not so many people!), and my personal favorite, "pimp yo stride."

i'm just coming off 2 night shifts, and i'm super-tired. i'm going to be seriously ready for my selective month in one week!

No comments: