Monday, October 25, 2010

eats with the neighbors

thanks to lara and brian who had us over last night for a lovely meal of veg chili and homemade cornbread. we all live so close to one-another; it's surprising that we can end up going such long periods without talking. it seemed like we hadn't seen each other in a long time, so it was good to catch up.
back to "work" today. it's my ultrasound month, so although there are 5 or so real ED shifts in there, it's mostly just me running around the department scanning people and learning how to do ultrasound. nice.

my training cycle for the philly marathon is starting to wrap up. one more longish run at marathon pace and one more 20 mile long run. this has been a great way to focus my training over the last few months, but it has meant that running is just a bit less fun. the running regimen has also made less room in my life for other things like yoga and cycling and spending quiet time writing in my journal.

despite having tested INFP a few years ago, i think i've shifted big-time towards ENFP. i love a good evening out on the town or hosting a large party at our house. but i also need some time by myself to recharge. sometimes this can take the form of running, but mostly it means true quiet time, ie being still.

1 comment:

L said...

Thanks again for the pumpkin! It's going to be real scary once we carve it :)